REGISTER ONLINE HERE
The deadline to register will always be on the 10th of the month before the next ArtWalk, unless that ArtWalk is before the 10th, in which case the deadline is one month before. Please mark the deadlines on your calendar!
Late registrations will incur a $15 late fee, which will be automatically added to the online registration form. Late registrations that come via phone, mail or email will be returned unless they include the late fee.
The following guidelines help ensure that each ArtWalk is exciting, fresh and fun. We thank you for supporting the arts and Galveston’s cultural community through your participation.
1. A new exhibit or event will be featured each ArtWalk. Keep things interesting for return visitors!
2. ArtWalk features artists’ original work. Businesses or events predominately devoted to mass-produced items (including food) may participate in the Other Walls category when featuring original artwork alongside other inventory.
3. Official ArtWalk hours are 6:00 to 9:00 PM. Your exhibit or event must be open during these hours at the minimum with opening and closing hours flexible. Serving refreshments to visitors is popular but not mandatory.
1. Your event/location listed on the official ArtWalk brochure and map, which is distributed at downtown Galveston and Houston locations, posted with a link on the ArtWalk website, physically mailed to all GAC members, linked in the monthly GAC e-newsletter and posted on social media pages.
2. Up to 50 ArtWalk brochures to distribute however you like. You will be notified by email when brochures are ready for you to pick up, usually 2-3 weeks before.
3. Your event listed in the official ArtWalk print ads in Galveston Monthly and The Island Guide the month of ArtWalk, and in The Houston Chronicle the Thursday before ArtWalk.*
4. Your event/location and web link listed on the ArtWalk page at Galveston.com, Official Website of Galveston Island Tourism & Marketing**
5. ArtWalk participants are eligible to purchase ad space on the Galveston County Daily News full-page ArtWalk section the Sunday before ArtWalk. A representative from the newspaper will contact you.**
*Does not apply to the Friends Category
** May only apply to the Galleries category, at the discretion of the above-named publishers
CATEGORIES & FEES
All fees cover one ArtWalk date unless otherwise noted.
Galleries | $95
defined as those who devote more than 60% of their floor and wall space to original works of art on an ongoing basis and who maintain regular weekly business hours.
Other Walls | $95
defined as those who do not meet the above criteria, i.e. artists’ studios, stores, restaurants, etc. whose primary business is not original art
Happenings | $95
defined as one-time or annual exhibits, performances or activities that occur only during the day/evening of ArtWalk.
Friends of ArtWalk | $35
defined as any business that, while not showing original art, is open during ArtWalk and wants to let visitors know that they support this event.
ArtWalk Supporters | $125
Available to any individual or business. Includes logo or name recognition on the brochure and website.
ArtWalk Sponsor| $1,000 per year
Anyone who supports ArtWalk for an entire year (or 8 consecutive ArtWalks.) Includes prime logo placement on the brochure and logo with a web link on the ArtWalk website.
HOW TO REGISTER
Registration and fees are due at 5:00 PM on the 10th of the month before ArtWalk, or one month before (whichever comes first.) Early registrations are welcome! Applications received after the deadline may not be accepted.
Use the registration links at the top of this page to register and pay online, or download the printable form and deliver to GAC in person or by mail. In-person deliveries can be deposited through our mail slot after-hours and on Mondays. Payment is due with registration and must be enclosed with the form.