REGISTER YOUR LOCATION
Deadline: July 10, 2019
1. Participating ArtWalk sites must be located in Galveston and feature new/changing displays of artists’ original work.
2. Official ArtWalk hours are from 6:00 to 9:00 PM. Participating downtown locations must grant free public access during these hours on the date of ArtWalk. It is popular, though not mandatory, to serve refreshments to ArtWalk visitors during these hours.
3. The artwork featured at ArtWalk may come from anywhere and be of any style and media, as long as it is original. Galveston Arts Center does not review, approve or evaluate work shown at other locations, however…
4. All participating artists’ work must be hosted by an existing gallery, business or organization. Sidewalk vendors are not a sanctioned part of ArtWalk, and vendor permits, if obtained, can only be granted by the City of Galveston.
HOW TO REGISTER
Use the blue buttons at the top of this page to register and pay online, or print the form out and deliver or mail it with payment to GAC. Want to turn it in after-hours or on a Monday? Just deposit it through the mail slot in our front door!
Registrations and fees are due at 5:00 PM on the due date listed at the top of this page. Early registrations are welcome! Late registrations will incur a $15 processing fee. In some cases, late registrations cannot be accepted at all. Please mark the deadlines on your calendar!
ArtWalk’s continued success depends on public support! All ArtWalk income goes directly back into promotion and management.
Friends of ArtWalk | $45
Any downtown business that will stay open during ArtWalk can be our friend! Includes a listing on the brochure and hyperlinked logo on the ArtWalk web page for 6-7 weeks.
ArtWalk Sponsors | $125
Available to any individual or business. Includes logo/name recognition on the brochure, ads, and web page for 6-7 weeks.
ArtWalk Premier Sponsors | $1,000
Any individual or business who sponsors ArtWalk for an entire year. Includes prime logo placement on the brochure and ads all year, and logo placement with hyperlink on the web page.
CATEGORIES & FEES
Your fee covers one ArtWalk date and is due at the time of registration.
Artists’ Studios and Galleries | $95
Permanent, physical locations owned or leased by artists, gallerists, or arts organizations that devote at least 75% of their display space to original works of art on an ongoing basis.
Exhibitions | $95
Temporary public displays of art with a set end-date, including curated or juried art shows, student art shows, art competitions, and art installations; may take place at any public site, such as a museum, business, school, place of worship, or even multiple locations. The featured artist(s) are typically present for the ArtWalk reception.
Happenings | $95
Art-related events, pop-up exhibitions, or performances that take place on the date of ArtWalk only.
Art Treks | $75
Locations that fit any of the above categories, but lie outside Galveston’s downtown walking district, defined here as north of Broadway, east of 27th and west of 20th streets. Listed exactly as the above categories, but not shown on the printed map.
1. Your event, logo, address, and web link listed on the ArtWalk web page
2. Your event location on the official ArtWalk brochure/map, distributed at many Galveston and Houston locations, uploaded to the ArtWalk web page, mailed to all GAC members, emailed to thousands of subscribers, and posted on GAC social media
3. Up to 50 ArtWalk brochures. You will be notified by email when brochures are ready for you to pick up, usually 2-3 weeks beforehand.
4. Your location listed in official ArtWalk print ads in Galveston Monthly and The Island Guide.
5. Your event location and web link listed on the ArtWalk page at Galveston.com*, Official Website of Galveston Island Tourism & Marketing
6. Opportunity to purchase exclusive space in the full-page ArtWalk section in the Galveston Daily New*s the Sunday before ArtWalk. A representative from the newspaper will contact you after you register. You can also reach them at 409-683-5200.
*offered at the sole discretion of these agencies.